The weather yesterday was absolutely gorgeous. Almost 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.
Around noon, we headed over to my aunt Cheryl's house. She has a great pool so it's exciting to take be able to take advantage of it. Even though I live right near a beautiful pond, I really enjoy swimming in pools. I can see the bottom and know exactly what is swimming next to me (nothing!) I'm not incredibly fond of water, so to me, pools feel a little safer.
Aiden and Eric jumped right in. Aiden must of spent over 2 hours floating around the pool in his little floating car and life jacket. He had a blast.
At about 5pm, we packed up and headed for Cheryl's camp on a near by lake. The town fireworks get set off yards from her camp so the view is impeccable and the big bang of fireworks is nice and loud!
For me, watching fireworks is a little sentimental. It reminds me of how lucky we are live in this country and I feel grateful for our many freedoms. And, I feel grateful that I've always been surrounded by my loving family on July 4th. Every year, it's a great weekend filled with good laughter, great food and awesome fireworks.
Happy Independence Day!
2 comments:
Sounds like an awesome day! You sound just like my sister with the pool thing. She refuses to swim in our pond because she can't see the bottom and when we were kids she got hit in the face by a fish that was jumping out of the water. I thought it was hilarious at the time, but I guess it was pretty traumatic to her. Anyway, l'd have to say I prefer ponds because I hate chlorine. But I'm not a huge fan of swimming, unless it's REALLY hot. I usually just sunbathe and watch Audie and Levi swim in our pond.
Sounds like you had a great time :-) I enjoy pool swimming..but my skin hates the chlorine. Most personal pools aren't too bad, but public pools will peel the skin right off my fingers and toes.
Awesome about the fireworks being so close too! It must have been a great show! :-)
Post a Comment