Sunday, November 2, 2008

Diego

I love Halloween. It's one of my favorite holidays. It's so exciting to see all the kids dress up. It's a blast to walk around the neighborhood with so many other families and see all the trick-or-treaters. I even love dressing up myself. Last year, I was an Egyptian, the year before that I was "mrs uncle sam". One year, I dressed up as my brother, Gene!

This year, I didn't dress up....but the little man sure did! This is the first year that he has picked out his own costume and he was none other than...Diego! Rescue pack and all, he walked from house to house gathering as much candy as possible. We met up with a couple other boys from Aiden's school and that made it much for fun for Aiden. They were so excited, they were running from one porch to the other and almost squealing with excitement showing each other what piece candy they had picked out!


We also did some pumpkin carving. Aiden picked out the patterns online and I did all the work! They came out pretty good, actually! It's so hard to get good pictures of pumpkins, I think...but this one came out well...it's even a little spooky with Aiden's head stuck in the middle!


Each night for the last four nights, we've been lighting the candles after dinner and turning out all the lights. Each night, Aiden asks if he can have one of the pumpkins in his room while he is going sleep and so I bring a lit pumpkin in his room and set it on his bureau. Each night, Aiden lasts about 5minutes with the pumpkin in his room before he gets creeped out and asked me to take it away! Cute!

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

stace41971 said...

LOL thats too funny...I imagine the flickering of the candle alone with the shadows that the eyes and such make must be a little unnerving for a creative little mind. It is funny though. :-P
I'm glad you had fun trick or treating, I think next year we'll go to Lyndonville again, where the sidewalks aren't deserted by 8.

Dave said...

It is hard to get a good pic of lit pumpkins, and this one is great!!! Well, done!