Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Doughnut Day


Right now, the pond which we live near is covered in a sheet of ice from all the snow melt and little bit of rain that we've gotten. Eric, Aiden and Grampie (Eric's dad Jeff) found an exciting way to enjoy every inch of it.

I had a Reiki client coming for an hour session, so Eric and Aiden decided to leave the house so that it would be more private and quiet. They were planning on taking out the snow machine for a drive around the yard.

After my client left, Eric and Aiden came back to the house on the 4-wheeler. They were so excited to tell me about what they had been doing! Aiden could barely get the words out! They had spent the last hour or so with Grampie racing across the pond and doing doughnuts on the ice with the snow machine and 4-wheeler! Aiden loves doing doughnuts! The first time we ever did a doughnut with him, we were in the truck on our land in a wide open space and Eric swung the truck right around. Aiden laughed and laughed and shouted "do it again!" From what I hear, today was no exception.

So, I suited up in my snow gear and we all drove back down to the pond to do a few more tricks! At first Eric drove the snow machine and Aiden rode with me on the 4-wheeler but I wasn't doing any doughnuts so he wanted Dad to drive. Eric would speed across the pond and then swing it around in a circle! Driving the snow machine is much trickier because it has a lot more punch to it. I was doing doughnuts without even meaning to. In fact, at one point I was literally stuck in the middle of the pond because I couldn't stop doing doughnuts! The trick, I finally figured out is to feather the gas and almost steer in the opposite direction, then you can go forward! The 4-wheeler is much easier to drive. Eventually, Aiden and I were on the 4-wheeler together again and I got up enough guts to whiz it around. Aiden was laughing, Eric was hotdoging around us, Grampie and Grammie were cheering and waving from the sidelines and it was a great time!

I missed most of the fun when Grampie, Eric and Aiden were out on the pond together but just hearing about it was enough. As Jeff pointed out, everyone was laughing and smiling and having a great time...that is what spending time with your family is about!

If we had thought about it a little more ahead of time, we could have done so many things on the icy pond today, like tubing behind the snow machine or something more simple, like skating!

When all the doughnuts were done on the pond, we went inside to eat dinner and have a dessert of, what else, but...doughnuts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does your Mother know about your wild and crazy activities on the pond?!