First of all, I have to say, our telephone line has been acting up and I haven't been able to get online much. When I do get online, I've been getting kicked off. Totally annoying! I wanted to finally get that picture of our Earth treats on the last post and it's just not working for me. But...I think the lines are fixed now...
For the last couple days, Eric and I have been car pooling to save on gas. He has a job that is very close to my work so it's been working out well. We've been driving his truck since he needs it on the job site and even though his truck is less fuel efficient than my car we're still saving.
Even though all this gas saving is great and I feel so good about carpooling, I find myself very tense on the way to work, and here's why...
Now, instead of Aiden and I having to be ready to leave the house at 7:30, now Eric has to be ready to leave too. He's quick at getting ready but I feel like our house is a tornado in the morning. We've been leaving the house about 5-10minutes than I would like.
I am so used to driving and riding in a car the way I drive it, it is also hard for me to ride when Eric is driving. I'll admit, I drive a little fast. I have places to be and I hate being late and I tend to have a lead foot. Eric drives the speed limit no matter if we're late or on time. I have actually noticed myself pressing down on the passenger side floor with my right foot, as if that would actually speed us up. It drives me insane. Not only does he drive the speed limit, but he lets other cars go first and he takes side streets that sometimes take even longer than going the main road. He is such a good driver that I get totally frustrated!
This morning, we had to drive separate cars because he had a meeting and it felt good to drive again and go the speed that I like going. (By the way, I only speed after I drop off Aiden, I don't speed excessively, only a little bit)
Soon, I'll have to fill up my car again though and with gas at $3.50 per gallon, I can really feel the pinch. I think I'd rather be a little frustrated at my husband's driving than spend money on gas.
2017 GMC Terrain Redesign
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment