Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bridal Shower

My cousin, Heidi, is getting married on June 17th in Reno. Her wedding is going to be very small and exactly what her and her fiance, Pat, wants. It is so exciting to see how happy they both are to be getting married and devoting the rest of their lives to each other. They seem to fit together perfectly and for that I am so glad.


So, Heidi's mom, Wanda and our Gram, along with some help from the rest of the family, organized a fantastic bridal shower for her. It was a lot of fun. Of course, it was a casino theme-Heidi and is not a traditional bridal shower kind of girl...I think she really loved it! She was completely surprised too which is always so exciting for everyone! Her and Pat made out pretty well on their loot too! Lots of great stuff!


After the shower games and gifts and a few people cleared out, some of us stayed and played some cards games together (and did a bit of drinking!). We had a blast and it was so much fun to be with all the women of my family. My grandparents had three girls, my mom Mary, Heidi's mom Wanda and Teresa. Each girl had one daughter of her own. So, we were all there together. Our "aunt" Linda was also there. Technically, Linda is a cousin-in-law...but we call her our aunt. And Pat was also there! The only guy until Linda's husband Darryll came over too. I think he liked being around all the women!
There was something so comforting about hanging out with all the women in my family. I think it's really special! Three generations laughing, bonding, being a family. I'm very lucky to have them all.

Congratulations Heidi and Pat! *And, please, let us know when you are serious! ; )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

holly, it was such a fun day!
i'm glad everything went great
and it was great to have you there all day and night, what fun
thanks aunt wanda

Anonymous said...

It was a great evening! It is always fun to hang out with the family - "the girls". Holly - Did you find the perfect "number"?

Holly said...

Truth is...I can't remember numbers, but I can definitely remember pictures. I've got them on my "to-do-list"!