Three is proving to be quite a challenge...
Aiden is very authoritative, stubborn, "independent" but oh, so cute!
Here are some of the things he has been saying lately. I usually want to burst out laughing when he says these things but I have to play the stern mommy role most of the time or he'll really walk all over me.
1. We've had to put the gates up during bedtime a few more times lately. (see a previous post) So, one night, he just would not stay in bed. "Aiden Eric Davis...these gates are up because you will not stay in your room for bedtime...it's time for bed!"
"Mommy Eric Davis...take those gates down!"
Too cute!!
2. A couple days ago Aiden and I headed out for a quite trip to the store. I didn't bring his precious blanket, I really didn't think he would need it for this short trip.
"Mommy, where is my blanket?"
"I left it home...I didn't think you would need it."
"That wasn't nice Mommy...you say you're sorry!"
Oh Boy!
3. I was really tired one night when I was reading him a bedtime story. I was practically falling asleep reading it. I decided that maybe I could skip a paragraph or two and he wouldn't notice.
"Mommy, you missed a part"
"No, I don't think so Aiden...we'll start again right here..."
"Yes you did Mommy,look...see...you missed this part...you need to slow down."
Okay. My bad...
So who is really in charge in here? I like to think it's me, he likes to think it's him...
Either way...it gives me a little chuckle!
(p.s.-picture is having a hard time uploading tonight-will try again next time)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is too funny!!!!! My son was/is really easy going, but my sister has a 3 year old daughter who is sassy as can be. I laugh at her all the time. My sister says it's hard to discipline her cause she's so damn funny!
LOL...it must be those sassy Davis genes...:-P
Post a Comment