Until recently, Heidi never much pictured herself in a wedding dress. She was doubtful that she would ever find "the one" but over the last couple years happiness has stumbled upon her, as it always seems to do when we expect it least.
In a Heidi and Pat kind of fashion, they are flying to Reno in June to tie the knot in a rented chapel on the casino strip. She planned practically the entire wedding during a 5 minute phone call after finding the perfect place online. Everything is done...flowers, decorations, music, limo, officiator, tux rentals, chapel, photography, videography...all for about $600. Everything is done except the wedding dress. Now, if she truly couldn't find one while out looking, she could rent one at the chapel when she gets there. But, truth be told, if she couldn't find the perfect dress while shopping at bridal boutiques, I doubt the perfect one will be sitting at this chapel!
Heidi was my maid of honor during my wedding. In some way, I feel sad that I will not have the opportunity to return the same to her but it's a selfish feeling...this is obviously her wedding and her dream. So, when I found out that she was going wedding dress shopping I was so happy to go and watch and take pictures. This is one of the limited times I'll be involved with her wedding. She tried on so many dresses and she was beautiful in every one of them. Her skin tone is perfect for the bridal white color of the dresses. She tried on lots of different styles. So many, it was hard to know which one was best. Her mom and our grandmother were also there. We were in the bridal salon for about 3 hours and we had such a blast. 3 other soon-to-be brides came in, tried out dresses, picked their dress and left while Heidi was still trying on dresses! At the end of the day, she didn't make a decision and she was off to another bridal shop!
She is one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen and I'm so happy I got the chance to see her smile and glow while trying on styles of the most important dress she'll ever wear!
1 comment:
What a gorgeous bride!
Post a Comment