Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Haircut

I love getting my haircut. I'm not just talking about a trim, I mean a real haircut. A cut in which other people say "Wow, you cut your hair".

It's not the attention that I like, but the change that I feel. It feels good to cut your hair. I find that if I'm feeling down in anyway, a new haircut changes my attitude almost immediately. It's like a new beginning-a sign of change.

The last major haircut I had was about a year and 1/2 ago. This cut isn't a lot different but it's shorter, my bangs are thicker and more dramatic and the ends of my hair are actually angled-it's slightly shorter in the back then it is around my face. I like this style. It's a little sassy but still cute. Nice.

When I was younger, I never did anything with my hair. I literally showered in the morning, towel dried it, brushed it out with a pick and off I went. I didn't have any bangs, my hair was long-like down to my armpits. I didn't care in the least what my hair really looked like. Don't get me wrong, there were times when I looked at all my friends who did all these fancy things with their hair and I would think "I should really do something like that", but the thought of having to get out of bed earlier to make my hair look better was not appeasing in the least. But now, I kind of like the idea. I'm not exactly sure what changed-I still really hate getting out of bed earlier to my fix my hair, but once I'm done putting in product and blow drying it just so-it feels good. It feels good to put effort into how I look. Its like a little confidence booster and I think it shows people that I care. I care about being presentable, being tidy and I like having things in place. I think the fact that I spend the time to style my hair actually portrays to others that I want to be professional and taken seriously. I dont' know, maybe that's a little deep.

Anyway, bottom line...it's fun and new haircuts feel refreshing. I should of started a long time ago!

3 comments:

stace41971 said...

love it! and youre right, very sassy!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love your hair. The style gives your hair alot of bounce. Your stylist must really know your hair and how it works.

Anonymous said...

Younger?!!! "When I was younger?!!!" Yikes Your hair looks fab-like a New York babe.