I called out sick a couple days this past week, so I knew I would be behind on a few tasks when I came back to work on Friday.
So, to catch up, I decided to go into work on Saturday for a couple hours. I can't believe how different it is to be at work when no one else is there! I actually got a lot done.
Without the phone ringing, patient's appointments every 15minutes and various other interruptions, I got done what usually takes over 1/2 day to do, in about 3 hours. Fantastic!
But you know, there was something so erie about being in the building alone too. Our work days are hectic, they are fast paced, non-stop work on most days and to be there when everything was quiet was so strange. I could hear the furnace kick on. I could hear snow coming off the roof. I could hear noises coming from the lab that I just never hear on a typical day. Now my distractions were coming from the smallest pin drops instead of people on a dead run! (It's hard for me to stay completely focused!) I'm just not used to a quiet office. I realized after being there alone that I've become very accustomed to the frantic jive of our work days.
One of the best parts about working on the weekend though-patients were extremely surprised and happy to hear from me versus "well, I thought you were never going to call back." It's the little things!
Anyway, I got everything I intended to do done and now I'm in good shape for the crazy Monday rush! Bring it on!
2017 GMC Terrain Redesign
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment