It's snowing again...
After this snow fall, this will be the snowiest Feburary on record. Overall, this winter is within the top 10 snowiest seasons ever.
Currently, snow is half way up our windows. The banks on the road are so high, we can't see cars go by the house anymore. The road is encroaching on our cars. There is so much snow pack on the road that I actually have to reach down into the mailbox to get the mail...and another foot is on the way tonight.
I've been trying so hard this winter to enjoy the snow. I've been out almost every weekend, playing with Aiden, riding around the yard on the snow machine or four wheeler, snowshoeing, sliding...but I'm running out of enjoyment. The Winter season is catching up with me, aka: cabin fever...
How do you cure cabin fever? I guess I could hitch a ride in a suitcase of one of the many people that are going to the Carribean in March. I swear, everyone I've talked to lately is heading there. Either all of this county is turning up in the Virgin Islands, or I'm just super sensitive to any talk of white sandy beaches, clear blue skies and crystal clear warm ocean water.
I've noticed that my nightly dinners are becoming comfort foods. I'd rather stay on the couch with a blanket and some hot chocolate or even better, not get out of bed at all (it's warm in there!) I'm yearning for any glimpse of the sun I can get. I found myself standing in the sunlight coming through the windows over the weekend, soaking up the heat through my heavy sweatshirt, hoping all the material would hold in the warmth, like a heated oven! I imagined myself as a cat curled up in that window all day, soaking in the sun until my fur was hot to touch. Aiden and I were drawing pictures together and all I could bring myself to draw was sunshine, trees in bloom, tulips and daffodils. Spring can't come soon enough.
The Spring Equinox is about three weeks away, but in these parts, real Spring is more like 2 months away. Because I live higher in elevation, we usually still have quite a bit of snow on the ground for Aiden's birthday, which is in early May.
It's easy for me this time of year to walk around proclaiming "I hate snow!" and "Winter sucks!" I become grouchy this time year. I find myself wishing I had a sunburn! (and no, I will NOT fake-n-bake!)
Ho Hum...I feel like a complainer. Truth is, Mother Nature is going to do whatever she pleases and we must be greatful for everyday, no matter the weather. This too shall pass! I just have to keep reminding myself of that!
Currently, snow is half way up our windows. The banks on the road are so high, we can't see cars go by the house anymore. The road is encroaching on our cars. There is so much snow pack on the road that I actually have to reach down into the mailbox to get the mail...and another foot is on the way tonight.
I've been trying so hard this winter to enjoy the snow. I've been out almost every weekend, playing with Aiden, riding around the yard on the snow machine or four wheeler, snowshoeing, sliding...but I'm running out of enjoyment. The Winter season is catching up with me, aka: cabin fever...
How do you cure cabin fever? I guess I could hitch a ride in a suitcase of one of the many people that are going to the Carribean in March. I swear, everyone I've talked to lately is heading there. Either all of this county is turning up in the Virgin Islands, or I'm just super sensitive to any talk of white sandy beaches, clear blue skies and crystal clear warm ocean water.
I've noticed that my nightly dinners are becoming comfort foods. I'd rather stay on the couch with a blanket and some hot chocolate or even better, not get out of bed at all (it's warm in there!) I'm yearning for any glimpse of the sun I can get. I found myself standing in the sunlight coming through the windows over the weekend, soaking up the heat through my heavy sweatshirt, hoping all the material would hold in the warmth, like a heated oven! I imagined myself as a cat curled up in that window all day, soaking in the sun until my fur was hot to touch. Aiden and I were drawing pictures together and all I could bring myself to draw was sunshine, trees in bloom, tulips and daffodils. Spring can't come soon enough.
The Spring Equinox is about three weeks away, but in these parts, real Spring is more like 2 months away. Because I live higher in elevation, we usually still have quite a bit of snow on the ground for Aiden's birthday, which is in early May.
It's easy for me this time of year to walk around proclaiming "I hate snow!" and "Winter sucks!" I become grouchy this time year. I find myself wishing I had a sunburn! (and no, I will NOT fake-n-bake!)
Ho Hum...I feel like a complainer. Truth is, Mother Nature is going to do whatever she pleases and we must be greatful for everyday, no matter the weather. This too shall pass! I just have to keep reminding myself of that!
2 comments:
I'm right there with you! I've noticed lately, though, that the sun feels more spring-like...you know what I mean...In December when the sun hits you, its cold and bright, but now, at the end of February, (when the sun is actually shining, usually right before a big storm hits :-P) when there is sun, it feels warm and it seems to warm the air and reminds us that spring is on its way! It will be here sooner than we think, then we'll just have the mud and bugs to contend with :-P lol
What a great picture!! The redeeming thing about now is the sun is around longer!! Vernal equinox is next month!
Post a Comment