Ahh...mini vacation!
The weather this week is absolutely gorgeous (finally!) I really couldn't have asked for anything better! Today it reached mid 80s without a cloud in the sky!
The pond is pretty cold right now because of the all the non-sunshine we've been getting...but that didn't bother Aiden. He's doing a great job swimming. Each time he goes he becomes more confident. I got in up to my knees...I really wanted to dive in because it was so hot today, but the water was just too chilly. Another week of weather like this though and the water will warm right up again.
Good news! I reached the Montessori school and they had an opening. Aiden and I went for a visit yesterday and everything looks like a go for him to attend school there. He'll start the 2nd of September and luckily she's very understanding of children who are almost, but not quite, potty trained. She says she works with the child and understands that "accidents happen" and with a little time and encouragement, it shouldn't take long for him to be completely trained. Whew! What a relief! I am so thrilled that he'll be attending school there...it's a terrific program. I know a handful of kids who have gone through and think it was wonderful. And, good for Aiden...some of the kids from his current school will also be starting school there. He'll already have a couple familiar faces!
Potty training is going really well! I think things are starting to click. We've been working hard on it while I've been home these past few days. I decided not to put him in diapers at all. He peed once in his pants yesterday, none today! No diaper changing in three days and no wet pants changes today! Yahoo! Go Aiden!
2 comments:
That's great! Congrats on both accounts!
Andrew is getting there too. He has been wearing underwear for a couple of accident free days and today I put shorts on over his underwear. Which, completely threw him off. We'll give it another try tomorrow!
Does Aiden wear diapers to bed? and for naps?
Yay!! Go Aiden! Pretty soon you'll be able to throw the diapers out :-D It was a happy happy day here when the last package of diapers went away.
Enjoy your mini vacation and the warm weather!
Post a Comment