Saturday, August 30, 2008

Potty Party

Aiden has been doing so well at potty training!

I had the second half of last week off and I worked really hard at potty training with Aiden. I didn't allow him to wear a diaper and we visited the potty every couple hours. Each day he had an "accident" and he was able to feel how yucky it was when you go potty in your pants. And finally, last Monday, something clicked!

He went to Grammie's house (as he always does on Mondays) and didn't have any accidents. Since he was making such huge strides, I decided to send him to daycare without diapers too...and he didn't have any accidents all week! I'm so proud of my little man! And, you can see that he is so proud of himself too! He really feels like a big boy now!

So, in celebration of him using the potty we decided to have a party Thursday night. We invited Eric's parents up to give it some added excitement and after dinner we had cake and ice cream and Aiden got to open a present. He got a new monster truck...as promised!

Before cutting into the cake we sang him a song:
"Happy potty day to Aiden"
"Happy potty day to Aiden"'
"Happy potty day dear Aiden"
"Happy potty day to you!"

He was thrilled!
"Mommy...it's my potty birthday today!"

He was running around the house singing "Yeah for Aiden....Yeah for Aiden!" It was pretty cute!

Congratulations Aiden on a job well done!

No comments: