Monday, August 18, 2008

Shower

Sunday, our family went to a surprise jack and jill baby shower for our neighbors, Mark and Liz. Liz has a son who is 10, but this is their first child together.

Here's what I love about men at a baby shower:
  • Their sensitive side comes shining through-They are looking at baby clothes, baby toys and talking about when their kids were babies.
  • The women tend to refrain from making the high pitched "isn't that cute" noise that we usually make at showers. Instead we make a simple "aawww.."
  • No saving and folding of wrapping paper.
  • No silly ribbon hats.
  • Some gifts are given that have a more "manly" feel to it-like carhardt overalls...I like that kind of thing.
Eric and I had a jack and jill baby shower, which Eric's mom coordinated. It was a really nice party. I remember being really happy that Eric could join me in celebrating the arrival of our baby with all our friends and family. He was really proud to wear the father-to-be title for the day...and I could see that same look in Mark this weekend. It's exciting.

Congrats Mark and Liz on your new adventure. Having a baby changed me the second I held Aiden in my arms for the first time-and it continues to change me almost every day. Its the best thing I've ever done in my life.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I'm throwing a shower this fall and you have very convincing arguments for a coed group!