Sunday, February 24, 2008

Old Photos

When Eric and I got married we set up three collages for our guests to check out. One was of Eric, one was of me and the other was of us together. The collages were in huge picture frames and until now, that's where they stayed. After 5 years, I never took them apart and even hung the one of us up on the wall in the living room. Since we were making so many changes in the house and trying to put up more generic photos for renters, I finally decided to take the collages apart. I've been slowly scanning all the photos onto our laptop to eventually move over to a CD.
It has really been such a blast to look through the old photos. It brings back such wonderful memories. I love being able to see a photo and remembering the exact moment the photo was taken. It's like taking a jont through the stages of your life and sometimes that feels really good. I think it's important to reflect on the past. It helps us to realize how we became who we are.

Pictures of Eric and his family help me to connect to a time in his life that I'm not so familiar with and I love that too. Especially when Eric's Mom or Dad can tell you the story behind the picture and shed light on what life used to be like.
When I start looking through old photos, it amazing me how fast time has gone by. I see pictures of me and my family and think that was only a few years ago, but in reality it's been more like ten or fifteen years. This only supports the fact that every day is a gift and how important it is to enjoy all that's around you because before we know it, it'll be another ten or fifteen years down the road and I'll be looking at photos of today feeling like it was yesterday!

It's also so awesome when I can glance at a photo of either Eric or I when we were kids and see Aiden looking back at me. That is so cool! Of course, more often this occurs with Eric's childhood photos because Aiden is pretty much the spitting image of his father, but there a few shots where he looks like me too-especially in the facial expressions. I think seeing the resemblance just hits the fact home that there is a mini version of us! We have reproduced and our genes will go on-I know, how very primitive me!

So, I could waste a whole day looking at old photos and reminiscing and I suspect I'll still feel that way when I look back on photos from today!

"For an instant facelift, try a big smile"-unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see Aiden in the Mom!